Terms & Conditions - Using our Website and Planning Tools
General Terms and Conditions.
- Copyright. Guides for Brides Ltd hold intellectual copyright of this database of wedding information. Information taken from the site, including details of companies listed and editorial content cannot be copied without the expressed permission of Guides for Brides Ltd, nor can it be used for any commercial purpose. All images, text and videos on this web site are protected by copyright.
- Availability. Guides for Brides cannot be held responsible for the temporary unavailability of all or parts of the site due to faults or updates. You acknowledge that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free of faults and that we do not undertake to do so; that faults may lead to the temporary unavailability of the Site; and that the operation of the Site may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside our control, including, without limitation, transmission and telecommunications links between us and you and between us and other systems and networks. We may make changes in the site at any time.
- No Warranty. We make no warranties or representations, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site or the Content, including but not limited to implied warranties or conditions of completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose. Some of the Content is supplied to us (directly and indirectly) by third parties and accordingly we can offer no warranty of whatever nature in relation to such Content.
- Liability. In no event shall we be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with the Site or your use of or reliance upon the Content or any information you obtain by means of the Site whether based on contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, even if we or any of our suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Your statutory rights in relation to any goods or services purchased through the Site are not affected.
- Links to Third-Party Sites. This Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites. You are solely responsible for evaluating any goods or services offered by us or third parties via the Site and that we will not be in any way responsible for any transactions between you and third parties.
- Passwords. We reserve the right to change all or any of the passwords used by you in connection with the site, and to suspend your access to the site without further notice to yourself. Password reminders can only be sent to the email address specified on the account.
- Personal Information Policy. Opting into the Guides for Brides wedding planning community means that you are agreeing to receive free regular updates, information on competitions and offers. In your wedding planner account settings you can opt in/out of our newsletter as well as our range of marketing notifications. There must be at least one contact to receive critical and transactional emails necessary to ensure the functionality of your account. If you do not wish to receive anything please notify us by email to email@example.com.
- Data Protection. This site is governed under the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Services booked. We take no responsibility for any of your services that are booked via our site.
- Advice and opinions. Any advice given and opinions we share or publish are based on our own beliefs and experience. We take no responsibility for the accuracy or liability for decisions you may make based on that advice or opinion.
- General. These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Each of the Clauses of these terms shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
Additional Terms relating to the use of our wedding planning websites and planner tools.
Guidesforbrides.co.uk (and our sister platforms, Pride Guide, Beyond Weddings, Weddings for Less, Champagne Weddings, Trusted Trace, Wedding Safe) is a wedding directory that offers a community and advertising platform for the wedding sector. The services we provide on our website are designed for businesses and individuals who are over the age of 18.
Users of our platform include:
- Consumers. These users may be engaged couples, newlyweds, parents or wedding party members, wedding guests and other individuals.
- Businesses. These users include wedding venues, suppliers and other third parties offering products and services related to weddings.
The Guides for Brides wedding planner and wedding website tools are designed for engaged couples to plan their wedding day with ease. Collaboration functions are in place to allow other individuals to have access to these accounts. This is to the discretion and responsibility of the user.
Rules for using the Planner and related tools
You must comply with all applicable laws and contractual obligations when you use our services. In using the Guides for Brides platform, wedding websites and related tools, you also agree to abide by the rules outlined below.
Users of the Guides for Brides planner and related services
As a user of the Guides for Brides wedding planner and related services, you formally agree to use our system courteously and not to:
- Create more than one account or impersonate other people or organisations.
- Use the platform for any illegitimate or fraudulent purpose prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- Solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes our rights or the rights of others
- Prevent other platform users from using and enjoying the services on the platform
- Take actions that are designed to “flood” our system with a disproportionate amount of messages or fraudulent communications. This includes scam material, spam messages, or other unsolicited transmissions.
- Collect information (such as “scraping” or “harvesting”) from guidesforbrides.co.uk or our sister platforms using an automated software tool or manual means.
- Advertise a product or service or be used for link building purposes.
- Reverse engineer or circumvent our website or system to gain unauthorised access to any area of the platform (or sister websites) through any fraudulent or illegal means. This includes, but is not limited to, hacking or password “mining”.
- Use the platform to gain competitive intelligence about Guides for Brides or any of our sister platforms. Or to use this intelligence to set up your own similar site.
- Direct, encourage or engage in any attempts to bypass our systems to avoid complying with these Terms or for other means, such as but not limited to, complying with contracts or paying applicable fees, if any.
- Manipulate our service for any means.
Emails and Communications
By signing up to the Guides for Brides wedding websites and planning tools, you acknowledge that you will receive transactional emails (e.g. password reset) which you cannot opt out of as they are necessary to ensure you can use the service effectively.
You will also receive emails about your wedding planner, including advice and reminders, which you can opt out of at any time within your planner settings.
Wedding guest list tool. The user is responsible for the information they add to the wedding planner and the guest details that have been added. The user is responsible for ensuring that the guests are aware that their personal information is being stored. Information stored may include, but is not limited to:
- Guest Names
- Guest Email Addresses
- Guest Personal Addresses
- Guest Dietary and Accessibility Requirements.
Any formal complaint received by Guides for Brides in regards to emails sent by those using the planner will be redirected to the email address provided by the person who has signed up and is sending the emails. Your personal information may be disclosed in this instance. This kind of complaint may also result in the termination of your account on Guides for Brides and the email address associated with the account being blacklisted.
Abuse of the wedding website, planner tools and guest email functionality will result in the immediate termination of your account. Guides for Brides Ltd reserves the right to terminate any account they feel is misusing the tools available to them within the Guides for Brides wedding planner, wedding websites or related services.
The content you add to your planner or wedding website
By using the planner and uploading imagery or details to your wedding website, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable licence for us to use all material provided for any purposes including, but not limited to:
- Evaluating and improving Guides for Brides as a wedding planning platform and our related products and services.
- Providing the material within your planner to third parties including other users of guidesforbrides.co.uk, our team, wedding suppliers, partners, advertisers or sponsors to use your content for their purposes.
- In whole, or in part; using your data and content in any form, media or technology to enable us to promote or develop Guides for Brides Ltd.
- Auditing or accounting purposes or as may be required by law
- Data retrieval (along with other couples) to inform our wedding industry colleagues about trends and statistics surrounding weddings.
In relation to the content you write or upload, you:
- Are responsible for ensuring you have the correct rights and consents to use the information or imagery you have uploaded or written on your wedding website or in your planner.
- Waive any moral rights that you may have in the content.
- Take responsibility for your content and ensure it does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any business and/or third party.
- Are responsible for ensuring that the information and content you add is not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, offensive, abusive, menacing, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, liable to incite hatred, discrimination or cause harm to others (including but not limited to homophobia, transphobia, racial discrimination or religious hatred) and will not result in any civil or criminal claim being brought against us by a third party in any jurisdiction.
Guides for Brides reserve the right to:
- Disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that the information you have uploaded to the platform or sent through guest email functionality constitutes a violation of their rights (including intellectual property rights and UK-GDPR)
- Remove your account on guidesforbrides.co.uk (or our sister platforms) at our sole discretion, without the need to give reasons.
We do not guarantee the availability of Guides for Brides wedding website or planner at all times. We recommend that you do not use the platform solely for storage purposes. In the event that your user account is deactivated (either by Guides for Brides Ltd or you), deleted or blocked in accordance with these Terms, the information and content you have uploaded will no longer be available to you. The Guides for Brides team will not take steps to retrieve that information.
Wedding services booked through our website
We allow wedding venues and suppliers to sign-up to the Guides for Brides website to promote their services to you, the couple or individual user. We do not offer wedding services ourselves, nor do we accept responsibility for the services provided by those advertising on our website.
For all wedding services advertised by wedding venues and suppliers on guidesforbrides.co.uk (or our sister platforms), it is either the case that:
- We do not offer the wedding service advertised and we have no role in the booking of those services.
- We act as an agent on behalf of the venue or supplier to advertise the service and send correspondence made within the platform or through appointment reservation requests.
In either case, you are entering into a contract with the individual wedding supplier or wedding venue and not with Guides for Brides Ltd. This will be a direct contract between you and the business in question and Guides for Brides Ltd is not responsible for the services provided by the business nor are we party to the contract. Your booking with the wedding supplier will be subject to their specific terms and conditions and we recommend you read these terms carefully before you book. You are responsible for the contracts you form with any business represented by our platform.
Guides for Brides Ltd do our best to ensure that there are no illegal, scam, fraudulent or false businesses on our website. Any businesses that we actively promote on our social media or those with enhanced listings (businesses with pages that include a portfolio of images, videos, website links, social media links and brochure buttons) are all vetted by our team. If you suspect a business advertising on Guides for Brides to be illegal, false, fraudulent or a scam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us and allow our team to investigate.
If you have a complaint about the Guides for Brides platform, please contact us so we can try to resolve the problem. Please be aware, any complaints about a business or wedding service contract you have entered will be redirected to the relevant venue or supplier along with your details.
You can contact us here:
- Via the form on our Contact Us page
- By email: email@example.com
- By post to: Guides for Brides Ltd, Larkhill Farm, Larkhill, Wantage, OX12 8PJ, United Kingdom